Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Mentalunicorn

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it has been a week since this has been happening, can we get an update posted publicly here please? I haven't been waiting as long as others have here (I just got mine) and I feel for everyone who is having this issue.

I've tried various suggestions around messing with the BIOS, disabling the camera, sticking my pinky in the air and spinning around 3 times, etc.. Nothing works. I get about 5 minuts of game play and the system locks up hard.

I have the latest and greatest of drivers, etc. and my system specs were already posted. I'm frustrated with the short-sightedness of HTC with respect to this. You guys DID test this with AMD systems right? (I assume not)..

I'll add my Ryzen experience so far. Just installed it, I didn't have a 1x Gen 3 slot so I gambled and used a 1x Gen 2. Been playing Pavlov VR all day no problems, everything appears to be working flawlessly.

Specs:

• Ryzen 1800x OC'd 4.0ghz
  • 16gb DDR4-3200 running at 2933
  • RX Vega 64 (-50mV core volt, stock core clock, 1060mhz mem, +50pow limit)
  • AsRock X370 Killer SLI/ac

Didn't change any PCIe BIOS settings (just the OC/overvolt). Camera was already disabled. All the firmware/drivers/BIOS was updated prior to testing. Like I said its running in a 1x Gen2 slot without an issue.

wrote:

System crashes shortly after starting in Steam VR.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 

Crosshair VI Hero

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 

Striiker, what NVIDIA driver are you using?  I have the same MB chipset (though your MB has more "oomph" than mine) and a GTX1080.  The only stable drivers for VR thus far, that I can find, are 388.13.  The 416.16 almost nuked my card (as in burned it up...the fans wouldn't run).

Also, and I feel dumb for saying this but *I* miss little things all the time - make sure you didn't put the WiGig card in the PCI slot that shares bandwidth with your video card.  I did that initially and got "jack" out of the card.  I had to move it to a Gen 3, 4x slot.

My Mobo has 4 full pci E slots that are Gen 3 and then 2  small slots that only the wigig can fit in that I believe are gen 2.

With the full PCI E slots when the wigig is plugged in the vive wireless cant recognize the card even though the lights blue on the card. I tried all the slots.

My bios has them set to auto by default. I tried setting them to 4x and the PC wont boot. Tried setting to force gen 3 PC wont boot. Under auto it boots fine.

Threw the card back in the small slot, left on auto and launched games direct from steam avoiding the steam overlay and it worked fine for the 30 minutes I played last night. Fine tracking, Fine graphics, just a pain in the ass to have to take the headset off to swap games. 

I'll try and get a longer game run in today. Seems there are quite a few different issues going on here with this thing and its not one simple fix.

My mobo for those curious is https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X399-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC.html

I am was using the previous build of nVidia drivers and then upgraded today to the latest. Both versions cause the same issues. I have the latest BIOS, chipset, audio, etc. installed and still have the crashing issue. I did manage one game for about 20 minutes this morning (In Death) then it crashed. I started to try Sparc and it crashes after about 3-5 minutes (sometime sooner).

I have tried every variation of setting for my small slot (it's v 2.0). All slots are v 2.0 except two of the long slots which are both 3.0 . I tried installing the wireless card into the longer 3.0 slot and it would not work. My system would boot but it was not recognized in the OS (regardless of any settings I tried).

(Motherboard Manual:  https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/E12601_CROSSHAIR_VI_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf)

I guess that for now I will need to hook up my cable once again and put my wireless on the shelf until HTC sorts this mess out. I have friends with Intel systems and they have zero issues.

(Regarding my video card, it's a liquid cooled one so no worries about the fan for me but thanks for the warning)

We're having the same problems, can't even load up for more than thirty seconds without BSOD.

CPU: Ryzen 2600x

motherboard: MSI B450 tomahawk

Graphics: Nvidia 970

Pretty ridiculous that it's been two weeks and they haven't posted any sort of official update, and if you don't know to look this up there's nothing on the website that indicates this is a problem. Would definitely appreciate some word on what sort of progress they're making or if we should be looking for a refund on the $300 hardware that doesn't work.

Yeah they need to step the **bleep** up and admit that it for the most part will NOT work on Ryzen systems. In total out of everyone thats posted only one person with claims of it working has not come back to say that its broken after a few hours. Thats 1 out of dozens. they need to admit their **bleep** up, or let us know WHEN its going to be fixed.

I have a ryzen 2700x and still have zero issues.. I've already played between 3-5 hours of all 15 games in my VR library since Monday w/ wireless adapter without a single hiccup .. I'm sure there would be way more people complaining if it was a wide spread issue.. clearly not all ryzen systems are affected, I have a couple friends also with ryzen/threadripper systems and a Vive + wireless adapter that also are not having any issues.. be patient or request a refund and return it till they figure it out.