Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

I think HTC dropped his VR business, like smartphones before (10 years ago it was great smartphones, best on market... and look now) and don't care that peoples say what will not buy they VR anymore.

Almost half of year exists problem which makes unsuitable HTC top headset on nvidia top cards... If they wanted to, they would fixed it in two week.

I work in software development business for millions peoples, I know how fast problems like this solved. 100% HTC don't work for it, they don't care.

Well this is disheartening.  I've been waiting for 4090s to become available in my area daily with plans to pick up a Founders Edition as soon as I can get my hands on one.  I was thinking that with the 4090, I'm going to be all set for quite a while.  I simply can't believe though that there is actually a showstopper issue.  I mean this is serious enough that HTC should be publishing a notice that goes out to all registered VP2 owners to inform them that the 4090 doesn't currently work with the VP2.  I would have had a conniption if I had gone though the expense of buying one and the headache of installing one only to find out that it was a downgrade.  Man, if I hadn't stumbled across this thread, I wouldn't have known.  Well, at least it saves me $1600 for the time being.  I can be understanding of technical problems and delays, but it is incredibly disappointing that they don't actively inform us about these sorts of things.  That's what really bugs me.

Edited by Gildahl

The worst part is the generic responses from HTC via email, asking me to repeat the basic steps of 'have i tried: unplugging all leads, reinstalling Vive console etc'. We know what the issue is, its that the VIVE console cant handle higher settings with a 4090. They KNOW exactly what the issue is and say they are looking at it, but if that were true we would have had a solution by now. The whole point of owning a Pro2 is for the higher resolution and frame rate, so if this is where the problem is, just fix it instead of stalling us all with lies. 

On 1/29/2023 at 2:08 AM, Brakedirt said:

Btw, I play around those framedrops... I have set Vive console on Ultra (4896x2448 90 Hz) and there was in steam vr auto set to 100%, so I set it to 3000x3000 or 40% and stutter is gone and have only 2-3 framedrops.

But still very laggy tracking. 

And if I wanted to 90Hz, I would use HP Reverb G2, which have a much more clear picture, more comfortable, a lot cheaper and don't have any issue.

52 minutes ago, Baron_Psycho said:

The worst part is the generic responses from HTC via email, asking me to repeat the basic steps of 'have i tried: unplugging all leads, reinstalling Vive console etc'. We know what the issue is, its that the VIVE console cant handle higher settings with a 4090. They KNOW exactly what the issue is and say they are looking at it, but if that were true we would have had a solution by now. The whole point of owning a Pro2 is for the higher resolution and frame rate, so if this is where the problem is, just fix it instead of stalling us all with lies. 

Yes, I spent a lot of time to change my 3090 to 4090 and back, since HTC asked me sent them tons of log, check tons of settings and so on... ZERO results... 

BTW, in last beta console (2.1.22.6) even perfectly worked 3090 don't work anymore. If it going to release, Vive Pro2 turn into a brick (in Steam you can't return on previos version...)

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, C.T. said:

Sorry folks for the late response, we are not forgeting the 40-series users. 
We are still in the middle of discussion with Nvidia R&D team, as they were previous at holiday seasons.
Once they send us the test driver, we will varify the solution as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patient. 

This is ridiculous and pathetic at the same time,
you are going to give us right now a professional answer about the approximate time is going to take us to receive that fix/patch, and the department's name involved in this fix/patch.

MSI 4070 Ti SUPRIM here using the "latest and greatest" Vive Console 2.0.22.6 (BETA) version.
Asus 3070 TUF before, no issues. Now I can play BeatSaber and that's about it...
If  I start games like Alyx, Space Pirate Trainer, Hubris, the system just freaks out. Frame drops, retro projection, artifacts, black screens, then the game eventually crashes. Need to use task manager to close it.
After closing the game, I get back to Steam home and now the same issues are there, frame drops, retro projection... at Steam home...

Edited by SuperGorila
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, MMt said:

Yes, I spent a lot of time to change my 3090 to 4090 and back, since HTC asked me sent them tons of log, check tons of settings and so on... ZERO results... 

BTW, in last beta console (2.1.22.6) even perfectly worked 3090 don't work anymore. If it going to release, Vive Pro2 turn into a brick (in Steam you can't return on previos version...)

so I if I go back to 3090 it will not be ok? OMG. Thx for info. It would be a lot of useless work if I change it back (cables, water etc.) Thx.

How works VIVE PRO 1 and RTX 4090? Do you have somebody this combination?

13 hours ago, Baron_Psycho said:

Hmm, I should have seen it coming. After the problems with charging the controllers (led color), problems with wireless connection of VIVE PRO 1. I could think that further problems with the next model, will turn out exactly the same. Thanks for these lines. I won't make another mistake. And anyone who wants to buy HTC, I'll talk them out of it.

6 minutes ago, MrCamper said:

so I if I go back to 3090 it will not be ok? OMG. Thx for info. It would be a lot of useless work if I change it back (cables, water etc.) Thx.

How works VIVE PRO 1 and RTX 4090? Do you have somebody this combination?

Only 2.1.22.6 (current beta). Previous version works perfect with 3090.

Edited by MMt