Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

Some news.

As I said last week, I still have a lot of reprojection is some VR games (Space Pirate Trainer, Arizona Sunshine, The Blue).

In other games, I also had some frame drops before I installed the beta Vive console software code. For instance, in Moss II, I used to observe (with FPSVR) approximately one frame drop per minute.

Last weekend, I played Skyrim and Moss II and I did not notice any frame drop. Not a single one ! That's already a big improvement, thank you !

Yeah, same problem
Vive Pro 2 + 4090 , it should be a match made in heaven...
But getting reprojection in both of the 120hz modes, I can't get any of the two 120hz modes (Performance or Extreme) to work smoothly,
something is broken there. Please patch this ASAP or give us an alternative solution to make the 120hz modes to work properly. Thank you

Oh thank goodness I'm not alone with this Display Port Bug.

I spent many days for troubleshooting, only to see that it's a known issue (high GPU Frametime, Tearing and high Reprojection Ratio with Framedrops).
Can I get the HotFix Beta file too?

I have no problems with my Oculus Quest 2 but my Pimax 8kx has this Display Port issue too.

HTC Request Number (266176) 

My system:
Vive Pro 2, Pimax 8kx and Oculus Quest 2 (with Virtual Desktop Streaming)
Zotac RTX 4090 GPU
AMD 58003D with MSI 550 Mainboard
64bGb 3200 Mhz DDR4
Windows 11 with VR Optimization (HAGS off, uninstalled Afterbruner etc.)
Newest Vive Console and Nvidia Driver installed

Wish I saw this sooner, would have saved me a ton of time. I've been in contact with vive support and they did mention that other people reported issues as well but this is the first place I've seen it reported. I think I'm done trying all their suggestions now that I know there are definitely others. Like why do I want to test all the lower performance modes if I know I'll never use it and have the vive console and steamvr probably crash every time I change those settings. I've went from win 11 to win 10 clean install with some mild improvement and basically Extreme 120 hertz mode is extra busted on either version. 120 Hertz mode is leading to all kinds of crashes as well. Windows 11 with Ultra mode was pretty awful as well. Also, just a side note- Windows will attempt to force update you to 11 if you don't figure out a way to stop it. 

Anyways, since getting windows 10 freshly installed, Ultra mode works playable but I'm getting reprojection usually under 20% (5-15% depending on game) and it doesn't really feel nearly as stuttery as when it was on Windows 11. Curiously, if I hit the "detect resolution" button in FPSVR, reprojection stops (or stops reporting it?) for that game session after it does its thing. It isn't perfect (it feels slightly off and I just can't figure out quite how to describe it). I still get that random micro stutter and that left right looking lag.  I'm rarely pulling more than 40% gpu and 10% cpu usage. I think the highest sustained I saw was 60%. Its like even when it should be using more resource to run better, its isn't. With the same settings, my 3060ti was kicking ass all over my 4090 and that bugs me a little.   

I did get the impression that Vive wanted to help me but seemed to want Nvidia to provide a fix. 

What's this about a beta hotfix?

Following up with my experience... Getting reprojection with Vive Pro 2 + 4090 in Beat Saber (One of the less demanding VR games), I am not even talking about the 120hz modes, getting reprojection in Ultra 90hz...with SteamVR and Vive console default settings
What the f is going on? Is the Vive technical team working on a patch for this and when it will be release?? This is totally unacceptable
Anybody knows if Valve Index has the same problems?

On 12/11/2022 at 6:55 AM, Rico001 said:

Following up with my experience... Getting reprojection with Vive Pro 2 + 4090 in Beat Saber (One of the less demanding VR games), I am not even talking about the 120hz modes, getting reprojection in Ultra 90hz...with SteamVR and Vive console default settings
What the f is going on? Is the Vive technical team working on a patch for this and when it will be release?? This is totally unacceptable
Anybody knows if Valve Index has the same problems?

Index only at 144hz. 120hz works fine. Its dp1.2