Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

11 hours ago, sneaky said:

Can someone please update me with the status of Vive Pro 2 atm with 40x0 series GPU? 

From what I've read above, it seems 120hz is broken, but 90hz is ok? Can anyone confirm it would be ok to go with 4080/4090 at 90hz?

Thanks in advance.

Sure. On the latest branch of the vive console I get massive screen tears at both 90/120hz. Rolling back to the "backup" branch removes most of the screen tears but causes hitching, frame drops, and what appears to be a small latency when I move my head. These all exist on the lowest res, and happen regardless of 120 or 90hz. I'm on a 4090, win 11, i9 13900k.

It doesn't seem they've fixed anything.

I have pretty much same set up as Jackrip, however stuck to Win10. I found after rolling back Vive console to 2.1.21.4 that it fixed the screen tearing and was okay at 90hz for most games for me. Im using a Pro 2 headset. But either way, HTC/Vive have done NOTHING to fix the ongoing issue!

Thankyou Jackrip and BaronPsycho for the updates. Much appreciated. It must REALLY suck having paid for a premium headset, a fortune for a 4080/4090, and then having this crap holding you back. I hope a solution arrives soon for you. :<

I'm ok with a 3080 atm, no glitches, but if I hadn't seen this thread before getting a 40x0, I'd be right pissed!

HTC need to fix this crap right quick or I'll be looking at other vendors going forward I think.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sneaky said:

HTC need to fix this crap right quick or I'll be looking at other vendors going forward I think.

Well having owned the OG Vive and now a Pro 2, it has convinced me to NOT stick with any HTC products in the future. Their customer service is dreadful and like talking to a spambot with no help whatsoever. I did have the upcoming Pimax crystal pre-ordered thinking thats where i'll go, until i saw the Bigscreen Beyond VR headset being released later in the year. This is exactly what i've been waiting for, a headset MADE for your exact face and vision specs. The best part is that it will use my current lighthouse set up and Index controllers. I'll keep the Pro2 for 'guests'. 

Interesting. I first got the original vive and 2 base stations. No problems with them. But the stations started buzzing after many years of use, sometimes loudly, but they kept working. So I decided to get VP2 and 2 new stations.

The VP2 and stations ALL failed inside 18 months. One station failed twice! HTC Australia were very good though. RMAd, with all postage paid by them both ways, each time. Professional, courteous support. Zero complaints there.

But the last station RMA was just outside warranty, and they tried to get out of it. After some pushback they did end up replacing it, to their credit. Thank god for Australian consumer laws. But going forward, I don't think they'll look after me should they fail again.

So now I have reliability concerns about their hardware, and lax software support.....

Hi HTC Software Team,

the 4090 latency issue has been going on for "four months" and HTC and Pimax haven't been able to fix it, and i suspect that the Vive Pro 2 Headset latency problem can no longer be fixed.

I am very sad about this and I have lost confidence in both companies HTC and Pimax. Both companies sells expensive VR hardware and users are left alone with their problems.

Now I sold my old 8kx and got an Aero for it. Of course I miss the large FOV, but the latency problem is fixed. Varjo was able to fix the problem within a few weeks.

I give my Vive Pro 2 a few more weeks a chance for a Software/Firmware Fix, otherwise the VR glasses will be sold and I will never buy VR hardware from both companies again.