Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just plugged the usb cable in a different port. (It was in a usb hub before). Made a huge difference in audio quality.  Feels like I'm 80% there now. Could still do with more bass detail, but at least it's tolerable now. If you guys have separate usb cards or are using hubs, give it a try.  

In that case you will not be able to use the Pro's headset buttons to regulate volume.

The correct device to use is the Multimedia one.

I have reseated USB to different ports including a high quality PCIe USB card and do not notice an improvement tbh.

Quick update: We are still investing reports of poor audio quality and are thankful to everybody who was able to provide system logs. I will reach out to users who posted in this thread over the weekend on a 1:1 basis in case they would also like to submit System Reports for inspection - they are very helpful in determining software and hardware compatibilities that require further attention. The update published to the beta branch is still under evaluation and may not be representative of whichever update ultimately is pushed to the public branch. It is not an EQ based patch. 

I turned on the SteamVR beta and updated the HMD firmware and power-cycled everything.

It works good enough for me that now I would not return it. I play two music based games a lot - TheWaveVR and Audioshield. Prior to the fixes they were both basically ruined, especially Audioshield because that's MY music playing. TheWaveVR plays music I wouldn't ordinarily listen to so it hurts less to have it screwed up.

Anyway, I can't guarantee that the bass or volume are as good as the DAS, but for sure they are significantly better than before the fix.

Thanks, Vive crew.

p.s. I find the Vive Pro ear phone cushions pleasantly puffy and comfortable and if I play with them a little I think they get a direct shot into my ears. Lining them up just right definitely affects the sound. I don't think they need a curved arm. And... I like having a volume control on the HMD itself.

wrote:

did improves the bass level a little bit but still no where as good as
OG DAS

(side effect:  
volume output for pro headphones is drastically reduced)

Sorry for my BAD English

YES - What he said. This is a load of bull. Didn't you people have one single person test this thing before you sent it out? Not one person who had the Deluxe Audio Strap? 

I gave it a nice 6db boost at 80Hz and it was sounding pretty good until I went to turn it up and found everything was already at 100%. Turning on the effects came at great cost on the volume.