Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Steam Beta/Firmware update fixed the "No Bass"-Issue for me, i can confirm that the issue really is only a software-related problem. So for those of us where the Update did´nt work, there should be a solution soon. My Headphones are also more then loud enough when turning the volume all up, even that i set the "Bass Boost"-Option to +6db. 

Also make sure that you choose "Vive Pro Multimedia Audio" as Output in the Steam VR-Settings, before i had something with "Vive Pro Nvidia..." which had less bass and much less volume.

With all that settings, i have clear, rich and detailed sound now with nice low frequencies and enough volume.

One issue i have left is that the earphones provide to little pressure on my ears so that the power of the sound is  unfortunately less rich as it could be. I fixed this by using a wide rubber band around the Vive which works perfect, but is of course just a "quick and dirty"-fix. As i read many people also complaining about that, so my only requirement would be any HTC-Hardware-upgrade for that like tougher springs for the headphones or whatever. Apart from that, i´m really happy with the Pro now.

David,

Yes I've turned the volume on the headset all the way up as well as in the System (windows).  I have the firmware updated and am in the beta for SteamVR.

If you think that saying "you can use your own headphones" or "you will have to wait until the development community uses our new SDK to fix the sound" will keep me or any other users experiencing this issue from returning the unit, you are mistaken. Those are both very poor PR responses to this issue.

This latest release (1524162059) has not solved the problem for me after updating the HMD firmware and rebooting. Please let me know how I can submit system information to help debug and get a fix for my setup. Thanks.

Hey

I downloaded the latest Steam Beta (dated April 19) and depsite  restarting everything several times my Pro headset does't see a new firmware update.... It just says "Up to Date". I assume it didn't update automatically?

How can I tell if I have the "latest" firmware?

So, this new Steam release is just the full release of the patch that was already in the Beta branch? Nothing new correct?

I've done A/B testing of the Vive Pro headphones compared to my deluxe audio strap headphones and the difference in sound quality is substantial.