Vive Pro audio quality

Madasafish

Yup same here .Bass is serverly lacking. Did the firmware update that was released but did not fix the weak bass. I thought the vive pro had a built in amp correct? So how can the bass be so bad. My 10 dollar headphones sound better. If this does not get fixed in the next 7 days I will be returning my Vive PRO

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.  So many people will be approaching the deadline for returns soon.  Yet, still no solution.  HTC should consider that a partial refund for defective headphones would probably cost them less than having to process all the returned units.  Or at least promise a replacement for the headphones before it's too late.

For the few people that claimed decent audio, have you tried listening to rap or rock music with the Vive Pro?  Does it actually sound anywhere near the Deluxe Audio Strap?

I've noticed that enabling "gain reduction" in the SteamVR settings doesn't seem to do anything, which makes me think that it is locked on with the Vive Pro. With the Vive, gain reduction keeps the volume below a certain level to keep from blowing the speakers. Even with volume at 100% it has no effect on the Vive Pro headphones.

The Pro does have an integrated amp - the gain of that amp is controlled independently of SteamVR/Windows and is managed by the volume control interface on the left earpiece.      can you please verify that the volume drop you reported is still present when both the HMD's amp is set to maximum output (as set by pressing the volume up button on the HMD) and the volume is maxed out at the global, device, and application layer of windows? 

We're still evaluating the deployment of the update currently hosted in the beta channel. As stated previously, some of this will require some optimization/integration from the larger developer community. If you'd like to contribute a system report for evaluation, I'm happy to send you the instructions to do so. 

Once again, after having my post deleted, what I want to know is if this is a software/driver issue or a hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue then I would like to know so that I can start a return.

Also, thanks for deleting my post. It's always interesting to see how people who paid over $800.00 for a item gets treated when they were one of the first ones to point out a problem. Guess that is the level of service you get for being the 6th person to talk about a legitimate problem. Nice. 

The problem is that for 800$ we shouldt be forcd to use ou r own headphones becasue the ones on the Vive pro are so bad. Did anyone test these headphones before releasing them to the public? It seems to me HTC just lyied about the quality of the headphones on the  Vive pro. If the 100$ DAS sounds good why does the 800$$$ Vvie pro sound so crappy David? I dont mean to harp on this but HTC is really hurting their bottom line if people start returning thier Vive pros becasue of bad sounding headphones. All this could of been avoided with better testing and less marketing BS. 

Well 7 more days to go before I return this thing. Lets see if you guys come up with a fix by then(hopefully you do)

I just tried the bass enhancement setting and I can confirm what others have said.  It helps very little and severely limits the volume.

And I also agree that removing the headphones is not an option.  All we're asking is for something at least as good as the LAST GENERATION and CHEAPER deluxe audio strap.  You still have just three options:

1.  A firmware/software fix that actually works and is released asap.

2.  Sending out attachable headphones that actually work as advertised.

3.  A significant refund for selling a faulty, untested product.