Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

9 minutes ago, BVV.Fr said:

could you all write down your graphics card model and settings, and the games that work and those that have bugs?
Thanks

ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 TUF GAMING OC , Default Settings, Games with Framedrops and Reproduction: Half-Life: Alyx, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, Arizona Sunshine, Drunkn Bar Fight on Halloween

• Sad 1

Well I'm out.  Packed it all up and returned it to Amazon as defective.  I honestly hope Amazon returns it to to HTC so that they can deal with it.  This isn't Amazons problem but I'm simply tired of waiting around for HTC to do something about this.  Quest 2 for me until something better comes along!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 11:22 PM, DaddyDubz said:

So here is my question.  I've been following this *explicative* thread for FAR too long waiting on someone at HTC to get off their insanely comfortable lazy *explicative* rear-ends and FIX THIS *explicative* problem.  I purchased my Vive Pro 2 from Amazon (Amazon was the seller) back in mid October 2022.  Because Amazon started their holiday return season for anything purchased from October - Jan 31 I can return this thing. 

My question to all of you is - do I remove the lighthouses from my walls and pack all this hunk of crap up or do I continue to sit here like a lap dog and wait for someone at HTC to give a *explicative* about their customers and address this problem?  I can play beat saber.....that's it.  For everything else I have been forced back to my Q2 since I purchased my 4090.....MONTHS NOW. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME ON HTC.  More concentrated on releasing their crappy new AR headset no one with a right mind will purchase than addressing the issue completely BREAKING their only "pro" consumer headset.  Excellent *explicative* idea.  Bloody brilliant. 

So....RETURN?  Or stick it out?  

If I can return it, I will not wait any sec and return this "crap". HTC is not able even make functional forum. I can not even login and reply to your post in Chrome. Have to use Edge. OMG.

13 hours ago, BVV.Fr said:

could you all write down your graphics card model and settings, and the games that work and those that have bugs?
Thanks

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, HTC VIVE PRO 2.

AudioShield, Alyx, and also just the Steam/Vive room or cottage on "snow" montains. Settings default or everything other - I tried to change all. A lot of combination. Playable only on the lowest resolution in Vive Console, but not mean it is working. It is playable but not like on old 3090.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrCamper said:

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, HTC VIVE PRO 2.

AudioShield, Alyx, and also just the Steam/Vive room or cottage on "snow" montains. Settings default or everything other - I tried to change all. A lot of combination. Playable only on the lowest resolution in Vive Console, but not mean it is working. It is playable but not like on old 3090.

What is your load temp on liquid?

8 minutes ago, MrCamper said:

48-49, sometimes 50°C. I never meassure it, but now I tried for you in Warzone II. Full load in game, 5120x1440.

Mine goes max 64 at full load with fan at 60%. I ask because my son wont to buy liquid.

Btw, I play around those framedrops... I have set Vive console on Ultra (4896x2448 90 Hz) and there was in steam vr auto set to 100%, so I set it to 3000x3000 or 40% and stutter is gone and have only 2-3 framedrops.

1 hour ago, Brakedirt said:

Mine goes max 64 at full load with fan at 60%. I ask because my son wont to buy liquid.

Btw, I play around those framedrops... I have set Vive console on Ultra (4896x2448 90 Hz) and there was in steam vr auto set to 100%, so I set it to 3000x3000 or 40% and stutter is gone and have only 2-3 framedrops.

64 is still super, at rtx3090 i was all the time on the edge. I bought liquid 4090 because of space, just 2 slots. I need other slots on motherboards.

When I have set something in Vive console - resolution - and then change resolution in steam settings 3000x3000 or 11000x11000 etc, it is still same. I think it takes resolution from console and ignore this steam settings. Realy do not understand how it works.

When I contacted Nvidia this week, they told me they were unaware of the issue. HTC says that they are working with them. Its hard to know what to believe other than no one is taking it seriously. I might look unto the Varjo Aero that someone mentioned and sell the vive. I don't think I'll look back either. 

• Like 1