Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

On 1/29/2023 at 6:07 AM, Baron_Psycho said:

Maybe check out the Pimax Crystal? Its a bit big still for my liking, but the specks look great.

I don't think pimax has solved it yet either. Somewhere at the beginning of the discussion someone wrote that so far only Varjo and Valve. But I'd like to be wrong. For me only Pimax 12K, the only one with IPD from 57, which I need. But it's not for sale yet.
Unfortunately, the reverb starts at 60. And then the Varjo Aero also from 57, but for the money it seems to me a small FOV.

Edited by MrCamper

Ugh!  The previous beta have me the issues everyone was having, I only fixed it by going back to the previous version.  Anyone who's computer worked fine with 2.1.21.4 has tried 2.1.22.6 yet?  I don't want to break my VR.  

I am sitting in the same boat with you guys.

Steam forced the update and now I get screen tearing with full resolution and 120 hz.

And this is with a 3080 not even a 4090.

This update really seem to break a lot of gpus.

Why is there no old firmware version to downgrade? 

4 hours ago, avshkabura said:

Same here. From today update I can't play. I get screen tearing in 120 hz. We need to downgrade console version somehow..

Check out this user instructions https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/10qcby9/psa_latest_vive_console_20226_results_in_screen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

On 1/9/2023 at 7:04 AM, C.T. said:

Sorry folks for the late response, we are not forgeting the 40-series users. 
We are still in the middle of discussion with Nvidia R&D team, as they were previous at holiday seasons.
Once they send us the test driver, we will varify the solution as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patient. 

*******POSSIBLE TEMPORARY FIX********

DISABLE DIRECT DISPLAY in steam - I've been having the weird headset lag, about 300-400ms lag between headset movements and tracking.  All stats are in the green, but that still happens.
With steam direct display enabled (the normal way) I have this problem.  With direct display disabled, it goes away COMPLETELY.  You have to get it to treat your headset as a monitor, and then open steam vr and play like normal.  THIS CAN BREAK SOME GAMES as steamVR doesn't like non-direct display very much.  A lot of games can cause it to go funny until you click on the screen in steam vr with your mouse. Good luck everyone.

@Exavolt give this a shot let me know if it works.

This is ridiculous!

Now it´s me complaining. I own a 3080 and I cant play any of my games, I get lag all over, tearing, freezes, etc. WHAT IS GOING ON, HTC? Are you trying to loose all your clients? Also, my room is inclined and my PC freezes completly. This is OUTRAGEOUS and it´s going on for months (for 4XXX owners) and instead of geting better is getting worse since us with 3XXX GPUS are also experiencing this issues and cant use our expensive VR Headset. I am on the 2.1.21.4 Vive Console version, I dont know if it was updated or something but everything was working more or less fine until a couple of days ago.

If this is not fixed soon I will return my VR Headset and never, ever be a HTC customer again. For the love of god... 

We demand an answer from HTC Support team and for them to FIX THIS!

Hi everyone,

do any of you or your friends AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX and HTC VIVE PRO 2? Is this combination working? All max settings, ok?

I think there is one solution because I realy do not have any option to buy another VR headset then Vive 2 PRO (IPD etc.) and cheapest solution will be new card 7900 XTX. Half price then 4090. I can put it to second computer and play VR there - hope on full max without problems.

btw - I will try Vive Console 2.1.21.4 and let you know.