Nvidia has changed the render pipeline. Framedrops on Vive Pro 2+ RTX 4090.

Aleksandr_V

I usually aim for ~3000x3000 per eye when running 90hz and slightly lower when running 120hz. This in in steamVR and on a 4090. You really shouldnt be running 150% (which is like 6000x6000 per eye). That is waaaay too demanding for any existing gpu.

I tried today. All updated on max betas. 120Hz max resolution total bad, even in lobby VR background is shaking. Then I tried 90Hz max resolution and still not best. In Beatsaber did not see problems, in Audioshield it was not good. It was worse then cca 1 month ago when I played on 90Hz with no problems.

About the SteamVR resolution etc. I try the lowest resolution/120 in vive console and if I go to steam VR resolution there is again and again 150% (6K x 6K). I think it does not mean anything. But I realy appreciate if HTC can tell us what best we have to set in Steam or in Vive Console to play with possible best hardware and can enjoy it.

Almost  half and year. OMG.

p.s. I tried lowest headset from another company this week, just the standalone thing and I was realy pleasantly surprised how nice it worked. No computer, nothing need to play. And it was basic standalone headset. OMG.

HTC you can produce whatever ever, and I will never buy anything from you. Shame on you.

Exactly why i went along and pre-ordered the Big Screen Beyond headset. After their lack of help HERE on an official forum and no change to the issue, i lost all faith in them. I actually now hope HTC Vive dies over the next year or two and cease to exist. Thats how much the have pissed me off. The worst customer service i have ever dealt with...if they even HAVE customer service!

• Thanks 1

My advice to everyone here is to start looking at other companies headsets, such as Big Screen Beyond, Quest 3 or Pimax Crystal, and start saving. HTC are not getting any better or fixing bugs with their headsets, so its a waste of time expecting it to happen. If you are going to spend the cash purchasing high end GPUs and PC setups, then its pointless pairing it with a buggy and broken companies headset.

Just tried the Beta on my rtx 4090, and everything seems to work great!  Everything looks amazing!  No more issues.  

I've tried several games and haven't had an issue, while before the latest update, even if I was just in SteamVR and no game I had reprojection and stuttering issues.  I'm using the 531.26 driver, which is the latest hotfix driver that fixed the random extra cpu usage bug introduced in the latest Nvidia driver.  

Looking good so far!  

LOL, you'd probably get more replies if posts in this thread didn't need to be approved!  My experience was posted up above, and was positive, but ~6 minutes later still isn't posted because I guess posts now need approval before appearing in this thread?  

edit:  Strangely enough, this post went through fine, it's just my experience post that requires approval for some reason.  

Edited by kia75
updating